Daily tours to the Southern Great Barrier Reef, specially Lady Musgrave Island
The Great 8 that make the Great Barrier Landscape unique in the world, not just Australia: Whales, Manta rays, Clown fish, Sharks, Giant clams, Potato Cod, Maori Wrasse, Turtles
Lady Musgrave Island is certainly one of the most beautiful coral cays and lagoons of the Great Barrier Reef. Its colourful underwater world is a haven for snorkeling and scuba divers. Even for those not so familiar with the aquatic environment, a trip with our glass bottom boat to the island itself is an unforgettable experience.
Lady Musgrave Island is located just 52m north of Bundaberg, and is the second southern most islands on the Great Barrier Reef. With The Spirit of 1770 you can cruise in sheer comfort aboard our new purpose built 22 meter Catamaran which provides an excellent ride in aircraft style seating on the main deck and upper decks. Our vessel is fully air-conditioned with forced fresh air vents for passenger comfort while traveling at sea.
Lady Musgrave Island & Lagoon is a true coral cay with an unspoiled island and unique coral lagoon on the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Lady Musgrave National Park is a tropical paradise abundant in Pisonia forests and bird life. The island is set on 3000 acres of living reef with a deep water coral lagoon which is unique to the entire Great Barrier Reef Region.
The Spirit of 1770 enters the calm waters of the coral lagoon to moor only 200 meters from the island. This provides a protected haven for all age groups to explore the wonders of a living reef eco-system and the colourful variety of marine life – all in one great day!
DAILY TOURS TO THE SOUTHERN GREAT BARRIER REEF – LADY MUSGRAVE ISLAND
|Children (4-14 years)||$90|
|Family (2 adults 2 children||$533|
|Children under 4 years||Free|
|Scuba diving an extra|
|Certified scuba dive||$70|
Day Cruise Includes
- 90 mins from Roundhill Head to Lady Musgrave Island (dependent on weather conditions varies)
- Enjoy 5 hours on the outer Great Barrier Reef
- Snorkeling all day in the protected lagoon
- Semi submarine tour with interpretive commentary (under maintenance)
- Two glass bottom boats with 6 metres of coral viewing area
- Guided island walk
- Spacious floating pontoon with underwater observatory, undercover seating, waterline snorkel & dive platforms, dressing rooms & shower
- Feed the tropical fish – in abundance around the pontoon
- Swim with the turtles all year round
- Spot whales in season
- Quality snorkeling equipment, flotation vests and sunscreen
- Tropical buffet luncheon with prawns, morning & afternoon teas with cake
- Tea, coffee and chilled water throughout the day
- Plus friendly personalised service
- Reef Fishing – Enjoy an afternoon’s fishing for your own catch aboard Reef Fisher’ (11.5m purpose built vessel moored at Lady Musgrave Island). Equipment supplied. Bookings essential – $40pp (weather permitting) Fishing at Skippers decision on day.
- Scuba Diving – Guided dives with 1770 Aqua Scuba.
- Certified Dives at world class dive sites on the outer reef wall aboard Dive Musgrave’ (11m purpose built vessel) and/or lagoon dives – $60 (incl. equipment)
- Introductory Dives from the pontoon in the protected lagoon – $95
- All gear supplied. *Conditional on medical questionnaire.
- For Hire – Optical Masks $10 Wetsuits $10.Please bring a towel to dry off
- Daily Bus connections from Bundaberg to Town of 1770 – on a deluxe air conditioned bus. Adults $30 Children $15 return fare (bookings essential).
- Gladstone also available.
- Sub and other vessels subject to maintenance and safety reasons operate with skipper to decided use at lagoon
- Onboard Kiosk – provides Standard/Flash disposable underwater cameras, drinks, confectionary & sunscreen.
- All schedules, activities and prices listed may be amended without notice. Price includes 10% GST.Please re confirm your booking one day prior as with all Great Barrier Reef cruises departures are subject to weather conditions – especially passengers driving from out of town on morning of departure. Cancellation Policy: 16 Hour 100% cancellation Policy, that is, full refund applies if notification of cancellation is made by 4.30pm the day prior to cruise. In the event that your cruise is cancelled due to weather 100% refundable or transferable. Special conditions apply for group bookings over 10persons (24hrscancellation policy). Extra fee of $10/Ad/Conc & $5/Ch applicable on some Public Holidays – please check at time of Booking.
- Prices effective as of 1/4/2012.All pricing in any form previous to this date is invalid
Combine this great day trip with fantastic waterfront Agnes Water Accommodation at Pavillions on 1770 for your next holiday. Contact us now for Agnes Water accommodation specials. Call us today to book your next break at Pavillions 1770 and your Lady Musgrave Island day tour.