Exciting news for visitors to Agnes Water, you can now visit Lady Musgrave Island for a full day tour directly from your Agnes Water accommodation at Pavillions on 1770.
Described as going to a tropical paradise, the Lady Musgrave Island tours are the best way to see the natural beauty, stunning wildlife and spectacular reefs of this increasingly popular island and lagoon combination. Located on the southernmost cay in Capricorn Cays National Park, Lady Musgrave Island is surrounded by 3000 acres of living reef, with a deep-water, coral lagoon that is unique to the entire Great Barrier Reef region.
Lady Musgrave Island Tours Pricing
This is a full day tour, usually departing 8.30am from the Town of 1770. Be sure to pack your sunscreen, hats and cameras!
- Adults $190
- Senior/Students $180
- Children (4-14) $90
- Family (2 adults/2 children) $495 ($65 per extra child)
- Children under 4 FREE
Travel in style
Travel in true comfort aboard specially designed ferries like the ‘MV Lady Musgrave’ the ‘MV Spirit of 1770′ or our ‘Discovereef’ vessels. We enter the waters of the lagoons calmly, providing a protected haven for all age groups to explore the wonders of a living reef eco-system and the colourful variety of marine life all in one great day.
We want to accommodate every single one of your needs while you’re travelling in comfort and style during your Lady Musgrave Island tour. This is why as you explore the vast, calm lagoon, with its white sandy beaches, we provide any necessary equipment to maximise your pleasure during the trip.
Great Barrier Reef tours are our speciality and being towards the southern outer end, Lady Musgrave Island has plenty of living coral to sightsee. We utilise two glass bottom boats so see all the action from below. If you want to get closer, you can snorkel all day in the protected lagoon or scuba dive that is considered the way to experience the wonders of the reef.
The Best of the Outer Great Barrier Reef
Unique in its location at the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef, this unspoilt paradise allows for a truly amazing experience.
Lady Musgrave and Agnes Water Accommodation
Combine this great day trip with fantastic waterfront Agnes Water Accommodation at Pavillions on 1770 for your next holiday. Contact us now for Agnes Water accommodation specials. Call us today to book your next break at Pavillions 1770 and your Lady Musgrave Island day tour. Testing
Optional ExtrasThere are many extras you can choose to make you day that extra bit special, check them out below.
- Reef Fishing – Enjoy an afternoon’s fishing for your catch aboard ‘Reef Fisher’ (11.5m purpose built vessel moored at Lady Musgrave Island). Equipment supplied. Bookings essential – $40pp (weather permitting)Fishing is at Skippers decision on the day.
- Scuba Diving – Guided dives with 1770 Aqua Scuba.
- Certified Dives at world class dive sites on the outer reef wall aboard ‘Dive Musgrave’ (11m purpose built vessel) and/or lagoon dives – $60 (incl. equipment)
- Introductory Dives from the pontoon in the protected lagoon – $95
- All gear supplied. *Conditional on a medical questionnaire.
- For Hire – Optical Masks $10 Wetsuits $10. Please bring a towel to dry off
- Daily Bus connections from Bundaberg to Town of 1770 – on a deluxe air-conditioned bus. Adults $30 Children $15 return fare (bookings essential).
- Gladstone is also available.
- Sub and other vessels subject to maintenance and safety reasons operate with skipper to decided use at lagoon
- Onboard Kiosk – provides Standard/Flash disposable underwater cameras, drinks, confectionary & sunscreen.
- All schedules, activities and prices listed may be amended without notice. Price includes 10% GST.Please reconfirm your booking one day prior as with all Great Barrier Reef cruises departures are subject to weather conditions – especially passengers driving from out of town on the morning of departure.
Lady Musgrave Island Day Cruise HighlightsHere are the highlights of what you can do and see on your tour.
- 75 mins from Roundhill Head to Lady Musgrave Island (subject to conditions)
- Enjoy 5 hours on the outer Great Barrier Reef
- Snorkeling all day in the protected lagoon
- Semi submarine tour with interpretive commentary
- Two glass bottom boats with 6 metres of coral viewing area
- Guided island walk
- Spacious floating pontoon with an underwater observatory, undercover seating, waterline snorkel and dive platforms, dressing rooms and shower
- Feed the tropical fish – in abundance around the pontoon
- Swim with the turtles all year round
- Spot whales in season
- Quality snorkeling equipment, flotation vests and sunscreen
- Tropical buffet luncheon with prawns, morning and afternoon teas with cake
- Tea, coffee and chilled water throughout the day
- Plus friendly personalised service
Visit the Lagoon
Being the only navigable lagoon on The Great Barrier Reef, especially by bigger vessels and ferries, the lagoon and its surrounding cay are foundations for outstanding visuals and scenery. There are numerous psychical, fun activities to enjoy, with Lady Musgrave Island tours offering multiple recreational opportunities as you explore this beautiful, natural swimming pool filled with turtles, tropical fish and coral.
You can’t get closer to the beauty of Lady Musgrave Island than with accommodation from Pavillions on 1770. See how we can organise an exciting, fun filled day exploring this lush paradise, with a range of activities for people of all ages. Whether you’re looking for Great Barrier Reef tours, wildlife watching, scuba diving or simply wanting to swim in crystal clear water, an arranged Lady Musgrave Island tour from Pavillions is a sure way to an exciting day out.
See the Local Wildlife, Swim with the Turtles
For those who prefer to explore the land, we have guided walks where you can interact with the island’s natural habitat and wildlife. Go on an adventure through pisonia filled forests spotting striking seabirds in their nests, before going to the beachfront and swimming with the turtles. With over 60 species of fish and bird to experience, nature lovers are sure to be thrilled with a Lady Musgrave Island tour.
With friendly, personalised service our goal is to ensure your trip is filled with long-lasting memories. We provide morning and afternoon tea as well as a full tropical buffet lunch, which includes fresh seafood like our mouth-watering king prawns. With affordable pricing and family packages, when staying at Agnes Water don’t miss out on the opportunity to visit on of the Seven Wonders of the World. Let Pavillions organise your Lady Musgrave Island tour on your next visit.
Combine this great day trip with fantastic waterfront Agnes Water Accommodation at Pavillions on 1770 for your next holiday. Contact us now for Agnes Water accommodation specials. Call us today to book your next break at Pavillions 1770 and your Lady Musgrave Island day tour.
Scuba Diving and Snorkelling
If you truly want to experience the magnificence of The Great Barrier Reef, diving at Lady Musgrave Island is the optimal way to see the visual splendour of the living coral and its eco-system. Whether you’re a qualified diver or a novice trying for the first time, we have certified instructors and divers to take you to the best dive sites across the lagoon.
No prior scuba diving experience is required. We provide introductory dives, prepared under full supervision of trained instructors, which outline all the necessary diving procedures so even new participants can feel fully confident exploring the exquisiteness of each dive spot.
And there are multiple, beautiful locations and dive spots to discover on the outside edge of Lady Musgrave Island and its lagoon. With all equipment supplied, we want to make it as easy as possible for to get close and personal with a wide range of interesting sea creatures. With warm waters and great visibility, there is no better location or time to scuba dive during our Lady Musgrave Island tours.
For those wanting to see the magic and beauty of the Great Barrier Reef without going on fully submerged dives, snorkelling in the calm waters of Lady Musgrave Island is an attractive option. Offering a full day of snorkelling action, the warm, blue water is known for over 1000 species of coloured marine life and fish and hundreds of varieties of hard and soft coral. We provide all snorkelling gear and offer a protected location so people of all ages can safely discover the brilliance and charm of the reef.
Reef Fishing in the Lagoon
Fishing fans are in for a real treat, with year round warm weather; the water is perfect for reef fishing. It doesn’t matter if you’re a fishing pro or looking to have some fun; we can arrange for a vessel to take you to the best fishing reef spots in Lady Musgrave Island and its lagoon.
Totally brimming with exotic sea life, such the mighty red emperor, you’ll be sure to taste some of the freshest table fish in your life. With all the equipment supplied including bait and tackle, and getting to keep what you catch, it’s the fishing fans dream day out.
Lady Musgrave Island Wildlife
Green and Loggerhead turtles are often seen nesting along the beachfront of Lady Musgrave Island. These docile sea turtles are friendly and often let people swim alongside them in the warm waters of the lagoon. The shallows are frequently home to small whitetip reef sharks and leopard sharks hunting through the water. They are not dangerous to humans and can be extremely fascinating to observe, especially during diving and snorkelling.
Inside the pisonia filled forests and cliff edges, the black noddy species live and are captivating, charming birds to spot and watch. Finally there is the fish, and there are simply too many types to list. However, the best fishing spots have produced the following: red emperor, coral trout, moses perch, red throat emperor, hussar, bream, parrot and all types of cod.